Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Corporate Counsel - Capital Markets in the LSG - Legal Services Group. In this position you will have the opportunity to provide in-house legal support to senior legal staff in complex corporate, finance and capital market transactions, provide routine legal services across multiple operating groups, as necessary, and have primary responsibility for Membership matters and state corporate filings.
As a Corporate Counsel - Capital Markets , you will:
• Drafts loan documents, contracts, other legal documentation, correspondence, resolutions, opinions and general corporate documents and agreements.
• Coordinates and monitor Membership applications, withdrawal and maintenance processes.
• Identifies areas of legal risk and provide advice to business representatives.
• Independently reviews, drafts, negotiates and provides legal advice on routine vendor and other contracts.
• Maintains strong relationship with internal stakeholders, committees and task forces in order to provide legal advice and appropriate training on legal topics.
• Performs legal research on various topics, analyze impact and provide recommendations and represent organization as applicable.
• Prepares state corporate filings and monitors state registration requirements.
To be successful, you will need:
• JD from an ABA accredited law school.
• Active member of a state bar.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in securities, corporate governance, commercial lending or corporate finance in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
• Working knowledge of one or more specialty areas including capital markets, commercial lending, vendor contracts and corporate law.
• Advanced MS Office Suite, document management software and internet research skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain legal concepts succinctly to non-legal staff.
• Proven legal analysis and legal writing skills.
• Proven ability to negotiate and represent the interests of the company in a professional manner and in accordance with corporate policies and practices.
• Proven ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks without daily supervisory oversight.
• Ability to work with standard office equipment.
• Proven attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as cooperatively in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly learn, understand and apply legal and business concepts to daily work assignments.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Counsel.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Attention To Detail