The successful candidate will perform software test development and integration of Special Test Equipment (STE) used for prime-item engineering development, production support and IFF Programs and related SAS efforts. The job consists of performing and supporting a wide-variety of in-house STE design, development, integration & test tasks to deliver test system solutions to the prime contractor and/or U.S. Government. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test the STE. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, STE concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, SCM/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, test automation, and product demonstration & sell-off.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Required Skills: (Make as explicit as possible. These should not contain comparative or non-objective skills.)
• 10 years of related work experience
• Prior experience in digital and RF design development role using COTS components to deliver test equipment solutions
• In-depth understanding of COTS computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
• Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
• Test automation with standard industry tools like TestStand, Labview
• Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team.
• US Citizenship
Desired Skills: (Can be comparative and subjective (if non-discriminatory). Need not be explicit and should not contain must haves, or required skills.) • Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles) • Experience working in the engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities • Experience in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment • Requirements and technical risk management • Willingness to anticipate, drive and foster change • Bidding and proposal experience to foster new technologies and business growth • Demonstrated strong judgment and decision making abilities • Schedule (IMS/IMP) development for Program planning and execution
Computer Control Systems
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)