Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Mapleton maintenance department and plant utility department. Accepts responsibility for his or her own safety and health. Performs assigned duties in a manner that is safe and protective of the environment and ensures the quality of our products. Follows operating procedures to ensure a safe and environmentally protective workplace. Observes and reports all incidents, quality issues and unsafe conditions. Takes an active interest in improving safety, environmental protection and product quality.
- Manage the Mapleton maintenance function in a safe and cost-effective manner focusing on efficient planning, scheduling, coordination, and execution of maintenance tasks while ensuring minimal operational interruption. Manage all external contractors on the site who are working for the maintenance group.
- Manage the Mapleton Utility department and directly supervise department personnel them to safely and efficiently produce steam, filtered well water and RO water for the Mapleton plant. Coordinate the purchase of site utilities with the Energy Procurement group. Serve as Site Energy Manager and coordinate the Site Energy Management Program.
- Supervise and develop the Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, Storeroom Manager, Maintenance Engineers and Instrument Specialists. Provide departmental leadership and improve departmental productivity through training and workforce motivation. Ensure proper storage and disposal of hazardous waste related to maintenance activities.
- Assist in the management of the Mapleton plant by participating as a member of the Mapleton plant senior management team.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering discipline, such as Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Five (5) to Twenty (20) years of maintenance and/or engineering managerial experience.
- Prior work experience in a specialty chemical company.
- Prior work experience in expense and capital budgeting.
- Prior experience in a unionized environment desirable.
- Computer literate.