ACET is seeking a Senior Benefits Administrator to join our dynamic team in Reston, VA.
This position is the Benefits Administrator for a 300+ person, multi-state organization, with an international population. The Benefits Administrator is the main point of contact with external benefits advisors and carriers to ensure we offer a competitive benefits package to our employees. The position reports to the Human Resources Director and will also operate as an HR Generalist for a portion of their time (~25%).
- Responsible for administering all employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life and FSA plans, 401(k), worker’s compensation and other leaves of absence.
- Work with management and benefits advisor to assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process. Examine possible plan design or benefit cost changes. Administer annual benefits open enrollment process.
- Provide daily customer service support to employees on benefits-related matters.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices with payroll and benefits information management system to ensure accuracy prior to processing invoices for payment.
- Document, and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Coordinate daily benefit processing such as enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships, compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee payroll records. Maintain Benetrac benefits management system.
- Provide HR Generalist support in areas such as Employment Verification and Background Investigations, Unemployment, HRIS, Education Assistance, and New Employee Orientation.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of direct experience (HR/employee benefits)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline or experience
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Absolute discretion in handling sensitive/confidential information, strong ethics and ability to exercise good judgment
- Professional demeanor and commitment to excellence. Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail and deadline oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, COBRA, Affordable Care Act and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Benetrac, Paychex, Deltek CostPoint, and Cognos preferred
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.