Parksite is looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our South Windsor, CT team! The Warehouse Associate will operate the forklift to load and unload trucks for our distribution center.
Responsible to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current procedures manual. Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the Parksite Warehouse by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to appropriate associates for processing.
· Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be picked, packed, checked and shipped.
· SKU label new inbound items and move from receiving to storage areas.
· Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
· Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
· Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets.
· Label outbound orders with ERP system-generated shipment labels.
· Maintain a clean, well-organized, safe working environment.
· Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate process.
· Assisting in counting of physical inventory and conducting regular cycle counts.
· May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
· Preparing parcels for mailing.
· Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
· Wearing the proper safety equipment.
· Health & Dental Insurance Plans [PPO]
· 401K Plan
· Company-Paid Life Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account Plan
· Business casual dress code
· A positive work environment of team players with high employee morale
Parksite is a sales, marketing, and distribution company serving many segments of the building industry, with a focus on both interior and exterior products. We are proud to supply the best Fabricators and Building Material dealers with category leading products for the residential, commercial, and remodeling markets.
Focusing on superior products and exceptional service, Parksite’s unique marketplace niche is through education. We begin by identifying products with distinctive applications and specifically educate and emphasize the value of these products directly to architects, builders and designers. With this approach, we have become a leader in the industry with each of the products we sell. We combine marketing expertise and industry knowledge to create demand for our supplier business partners. We help build brands.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Voice picking experience a plus
· Lumber / building product experience
· Receiving experience
· Inventory control experience