An industry leader in the manufacture of shower enclosures for custom home and residential/commercial markets has an opportunity available for a Commercial Builder Sales position; will report to the Vice President of Sales.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales, the primary purpose of this position is to gain market share and increase the shower door category by influencing the trade and facilitating the sales through key builders and general contractors. This includes the development, execution, and coordination of all sales efforts within a specified territory. This position involves interface with dealers, builders, contractors, remodelers, and architects. This position must regularly be out identifying and/or soliciting “new" or “expanded" sales opportunities within their assigned territory.
The position will be based out of Mason, OH. The territory covers Southern Ohio, Eastern Indiana, and Northern Kentucky.
- Developing and following a comprehensive annual territory plan to identify and pursue the greatest opportunities for sales growth.
- Making sales presentations to dealers, builders, contractors and architects to ensure that product lines are being promoted in a professional, timely and effective manner to achieve sales results.
- Regular offsite visits to attend production meetings, review installations, and new project site assessments.
- Trains builders, contractors, and architects in the proper application and installation of product lines.
- Develops bids, reads blueprints and meets with customers to help design and make decisions
- Works within established budgets to control expenses, and to maximize profitability within the specified territory.
- Develops leads by participating in associations such as the Home Builders Association (HBA)
- Completing required reports and analysis in a timely manner.
- Responsible for locating new opportunities by visiting existing, new, and target customers
- Must be responsive to the customers’ needs and follows through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal
- Performing field service activities as needed within specified territory.
- Travel to help other sales representatives conduct training sessions, perform field service activities, or participate in local trade shows.
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the Director of National Installations and the General Manager of the full service model.
- Background in the residential and commercial building industry is preferred.
- Three to five years of sales experience is preferred.
- Ability accurately to read and scale blue prints.
- Working in unison with the Installation Manager on labor requirements, scheduling needs, material purchases, and site inspections.
- Must present a positive and professional appearance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Must be able to negotiate, review and execute a contract.
- Ability to stay informed on current industry trends and applies information to sales opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level of customer focus.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong influence and persuasion skills.
- Must possess strong planning, prioritizing, and goal setting skills.
- Must demonstrate strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to use and read a tape measure accurately.
- Must be able use Microsoft Office and to perform basic mathematical skills.
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in employee handbooks, on company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job
Please reference Job Code 9-10MS when responding to this position. Please send your resume as an attached document in Word form. You may also visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Builder Sales
- Decision Making
- Persuasive Skills
- Complex Problem Solving