The Human Resources Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Training and Development, Employment, Affirmative Action and Employment Equity program, Benefits Management, Payroll Management, and Legal Compliance.
The HR Generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
• Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
• Partners with Plant Manager on decisions related to personnel including confidential and sensitive matters.
• Ensures legal compliance in all aspects of the generalist function.
• Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
• Maintains and processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement
• Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
• Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
• Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one- year evaluations.
• Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases with insurance carrier to ensure timely and precise reporting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources.
• 5-6 years minimum experience as a Human Resources Generalist
* On boarding and off boarding experience
* FMLA, FLSA, Workers Comp
• Bilingual Spanish
- Conduct employee orientation and employee exit interview
- Administer company employee benefits and compensation programs
- Reporting employee orientation, development, and training employee relations compensation and benefits
- Assist with employee relations issues including employee discipline
- Investigate employee complaints related to employee relations issues
- Support the administration of employee benefits, worker's compensation and employee relations
- Managing employee records, compensation and benefits
- Presenting new employee orientation programs
Conduct Employee Orientation
Hr Management Systems
Human Resources Information System (Hris)