Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Manufacturing Cutter Grind opportunity at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Pay: $16.27 per hour + shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift and regular pay progressions
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Job Type: Full-time
As a leader in innovation and quality, Oregon makes saw chains, bars and sprockets that are well respected in the chain saw and forestry industries, outdoor equipment accessories and parts for the garden and landscape industry. We are proud to say that Oregon is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws around the world.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members. To learn more about our products please visit our website at Oregonproducts.com.
We are currently searching for great people to join our team. The successful candidate will want to safely produce high quality products with on-time delivery while operating automated saw chain assembly equipment. The successful candidate will also have opportunities to participates in problem-solving, continuous improvement and other team-oriented activities, including Kaizen events.
The successful candidate primary role is to produce high quality product, for internal and external customers, and or support production areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Produce high quality products for internal and external customers, and or support production areas.
· Operate machinery including: Swing arm grinders, in-line grinders and CBN grinders MDP
· Maintain machinery and follow safety procedures
· Perform quality checks
· Machine set-up & clean-up
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Mechanical aptitude, writing, and basic math skills required.
· Flexible to learn all job assignments.
· Machine operation experience preferred.
· Self-starter needing minimal direction
· Demonstration of a high degree of flexibility and progressive attitude toward change.
· Proven ability to work with others in a team environment.
· Good communication skills with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
· Must be able to lift 5 to 40 pounds frequently, stand/walk up to 8 hours per day on a concrete/platform floor.
· Must have full range of motion including bending, stooping, twisting, lifting and repetitive motion.
- Day shift: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Swing shift: 4:00 p.m. to midnight
- Graveyard shift: Midnight to 7:30 a.m.
- Or when assigned to a special shift determined by department needs
- 401(k) with match
- Annual Profit-Sharing Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off – Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
It is the policy of Blount International to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under law. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work.
Good Manufacturing Practices