To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1776 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
RAND Corporation • Santa Monica, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) functionally manages the process to protect RAND’s classified information. The ISSM's primary function is implementation of all classified security policy, procedures and government security requirements as required by the United States Government. The ISSM outlines classified security policies and procedures and assures staff compliance with all applicable government regulations. The ISSM serves as the subject matter expert for classified systems security questions and problem solving within the classified security team. The ISSM reports directly to the Manager, Corporate ISSM.
- Performs the ISSM responsibilities and role for RAND’s classified network, TS/SCI, and SAP/SAR activities for the Santa Monica site; performs oversight administration of classified systems activities.
- Performs computer systems security activities, implementing security controls for Santa Monica RAND systems processing classified information including initial approval, re-approval, decertification and audits with responsibility for the Santa Monica site.
- Coordinates with the Defense Intelligence Agency and other elements of the U.S. intelligence community on inspections, reviews, investigations, and other reportable issues; coordinates with the Defense Security Service (DSS) and Department of Defense sponsors on inspections, reviews, investigations, and other reportable issues.
- Responsible for the classified computing protection program at the collateral, TS/SCI, and SAP/SAR levels for the Santa Monica site, as well as the classified computing hardware/software and voice/data communication audits.
- Supports the FSO as related to classified processing for maintaining secure facility accreditations and joint and co-use agreements with applicable government agencies.
- Writes, coordinates, and conducts classified systems security education briefings (SAP, SCI and CLAN) and the User Acknowledgment statement as required.
- Supports the Manager, Security Administration in maintaining detailed records of Security department functions and activities for monthly reports to RAND management with regard to classified systems; conducts classified security investigations as required by the Manager, Security Administration.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Basic Qualifications:
· In-depth knowledge of the NISPOM, DCID/ICD documents and applicable government security regulation experience in classified security government programs.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD 8570.01-M (Information Assurance Workforce) IAM level 2 certification (e.g. GSLC, CISM, or CISSP) within the first 6 months of employment.
· Established relationships and a positive reputation with industrial and government security counterparts.
· An understanding of principles and methods used in developing, establishing, and maintaining a local, state, and federal government compliant program in classified security.
· Thorough knowledge of information security systems and the classified network.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
BS/BA degree preferred but not required.
At least 5 years relevant experience required with a BS/BA degree. In lieu of BS/BA degree, 8 years of relevant experience required.
Active Top-Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility required. U.S. citizenship is required for a government security clearance.
RAND is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity