Telecom Project Manager
Philadelphia, PA (Center City)
Long Term Contract
$50-60/HR (Flex for IC)
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
This is a management role with human resource management responsibilities (e.g., hiring, performance management). Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Telecom Cable industry preferred
- Need to improve on existing systems and Business operations
- Work with Solutions Architects
- Must have Software Dev; testing experience as a PM preferred still with Billing systems
- Must know how to budget and keep things on track, interact with different teams
- Work experience in a Large organization a Plus
- Tracking tools like Rally
- Typically long cycle time, it is a typical JAVA shop! But knowledge and skills in other technologies are good to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
$50.00 - $60.00 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
At OST, we’re a bit like what you may call a machine, but with a more human touch. Day in & day out for the last 28 years we’ve been more than just a staffing company. Throughout this time we’ve built relationships, we’ve grown together internally & externally, & have created a system that allows us to personally cater to the needs of our clients & candidates. As we celebrate this occasion, it important to note that for us, 28 years is more than just a number or an anniversary. It's 28 years of relationships, 28 years of trust, and 28 years of total reliability. We’ve been a mentor for some, a team builder for others, but most importantly we’ve been there. We know there is no substitute for experience, so let us help you navigate through the ever changing web of talent.Not Ready To Apply?
Operating in a crowded marketplace, we have succeeded by staying ahead of the curve. We’ve got the connections. We know the people. We have the opportunities.
View the full profile