Salary $70,000 - $90,000 Plus Excellent Benefits & Relocation Assistance to Northern Mississippi
Our client has asked us to assist them with their search for a Transportation Manager for their facility in Mississippi. If you want to work for a company that believes in a strong commitment to quality and safety – THIS IS IT! We are looking for someone with experience in managing all aspects of the transportation function in a fast-paced environment which includes hiring of quality drivers, routing delivery, safety, unloading, fleet maintenance, customer relationships and DOT compliance.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. An aptitude to function within deadlines while working both independently and as a part of a team is essential.
● Manage fleet of drivers, trucks and scheduling deliveries and routings
● Scheduling of equipment and maintenance and analyzing equipment needs for trucks, tractors, and trailers
● Ensuring drivers and loads are in compliance with DOT regulations and safety policies and procedures
● Managing and approving department operating budget, expenses, and payroll
● Manage Driver Safety Program by promoting the safety programs and conducting quarterly safety meetings
● Handle maintenance issues regarding local transportation equipment repair
● Serve as liaison between Customer & Sales group for delivery communications
Requirements for this Transportation Manager's position:
1. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience
2. Valid driver’s license – Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred
3. Minimum 6 years’ experience of progressive distribution knowledge
4. Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
5. In-depth knowledge of DOT regulations and experience with fleet management systems, preferably in the foodservice industry
6. History of strong leadership and communication skills
7. Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload within a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
8. Motivated, self-starter, organized, and effective communicator.
TO APPLY: Email your resume [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation ManagerOR marlaATaustinallenDOTcom
in MS Word or PDF ( please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols ) . * All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by hiring companies. Hiring companies offer excellent compensation packages, benefits, and generous relocation assistance or packages.
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management
Department Of Transportation Compliance
Warehouse Management System