Senior Full Stack Developer
Vangst is a venture backed, high growth recruiting technology company. We have revolutionized the fastest growing industry in the world by connecting thousands of professionals with careers in cannabis. Through technology and a world-class team, Vangst supplies the cannabis industry with the best talent they need to grow their businesses.
What you will do
As our Senior Full Stack Developer, you will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle, gather and analyze user/business system requirements and respond to outages by creating application system models. You will participate in design meetings, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact directly with third party vendors in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop, test and implement code following best practices
· Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
· Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
· Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
· Resolve complex technical design issues
· Development of technical specifications and plans
· Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
· Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
· Mentor and guide other developers on the team
· Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
· Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
· Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
· Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
● Bachelor’s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent.
● 5+ years’ experience utilizing comparable skills in software development
● 3+ years’ experience working within an Agile development environment
● Ability to prove prior experience integrating multiple data sources/systems for consumption by a myriad of applications
● 2+ Years Experience developing React
● Development experience with enterprise languages such as Java
● Comfort with and understanding of a version control, continuous integration, and deployment tools
● Software architecture experience in an enterprise
● Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field
● Strong experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with a certain degree of creativity and latitude required
● Technologies required:
o Server Side language (Java, Node, Go, ect)
o Jenkins or other build tool
o Jest Testing
· This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), and 401k.
· Vangst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.