To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elko, NV 89801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Posted 2 months ago
We are searching for an Operations Manager / Plant Manager for our Facility in Elko, NV.
Summary of Duties for Operations Manager / Plant Manager:
Plans and manages the overall production and operation activities of the plant. Responsible for
production schedules and performance standards for measuring progress. Monitors daily operations
to identify and resolve problem areas relating to staffing, scheduling, tooling, safety, quality
and production line arrangement.
Essential Functions of the Operations Manager / Plant Manager:
- Leads and promotes the company’s mission and strategic vision utilizing effective Accountability, Communication and Teamwork. Be a visible management team member that is engaged on the shop floor. Instill discipline in the daily shop operations.
- Lead the Safety Committee meetings and ensure daily safety check completion. Monitor progress and clear any organizational barriers that may prevent achieving goal zero recordable injuries. Establish and enforce safety environment with clear roles and responsibilities, and regularly monitor performance using Safety Reviews.
- Work to eliminate quality concerns through the use of fast response teams and show continued improvement in cost of quality metrics. Meet with team members regularly to communicate current findings and work together on solutions.
- Responsible to assure customer satisfaction needs are meet - lead time, on-time delivery, quality of product. Communicate roadblocks early in the process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for plant financial performance. Lead reductions in OT levels, increase plant throughput, and spending controls (machine repair/supplies/consumables).
- Responsible to assure proper manpower levels are in place to support demand.
- Responsible for reducing costs through lean and 6 Sigma programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities needed for Success as Operations Manager / Plant Manager:
- In-depth knowledge of functional/major business segment, with broad understanding of overall
- business objectives.
- Significant skills in translating strategy into tactical plans.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to influence others.
- Ability to build rapport, and open doors of senior decision makers.
- Ability to coach sales reps to higher performance.
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral.
Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent level of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of management/operational experience required.
- Fabrication or machining experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, influence others, and drive solutions.
- Must be energetic, professionally ambitious, have a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- CRM databases (salesforce preferred)
Excellent Salary commensurate with experience.
Company offers full benefits package as well as Bonus Plan.