The Home Development Coordinator is responsible for organizing and implementing a recruitment and verification process for Foster/Adoptive and Kinship families; Promotes Foster Care and Adoption to the community.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coordinates the development and implementation of recruitment, training and retention of Foster/Adoptive and Kinship families. Ensures training and certifications are complete
· Works closely with the Foster and Adoption Recruitment Guide
· Responsible for all phases of the verification process including maintenance of files and documenting in the PCHAS data management system.
· Monitors prospective foster and adoptive families for compliance with PCHAS policies, COA policies, SSCC policies, TDFPS Minimum Standards and TDFPS contract requirements
· Oversees, coordinates and leads in providing or making arrangements for training of potential and active foster/adoptive parents, before and after verification.
· Facilitates and coordinates the family assessment process for all families.
The Home Development Coordinator works from an office in the assigned Foster Care and Adoption office. Will sometimes work remotely. Travel locally and at times out of town overnight is required. High stress situations may occur at times.
Minimum of Master Degree in Social Work (LMSW or LCSW) or related field, with 3 years of experience in Child Placement is preferred OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (LBSW) or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Help us improve Careerbuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using Careerbuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Careerbuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.