To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- State College, PA
- Javier Velazquez
- Phone: 800-617-6172
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Computer Merchant, Ltd • State College, PA
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Stockroom Attendant
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Job Description: Our client, a large defense contractor, has an immediate opening for a Stockroom Attendant to work from their State College facility.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Performs the physical and administrative tasks involved in the receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment
- Performs a single or limited number of core tasks of a routine nature
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items
- Processes receipts which involves counting and verifying parts against packing lists as well as data entry into the system
- Packages and prepare materials for delivery to the designated program and manufacturing locations
- Performs Cycle counts and inventory verification of parts based on information provided
- Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory warehouse or distribution center
- Issues parts from the stockroom based on paperwork provided
- Determines methods or places for storage considering guidelines for temperature, humidity, weight or height limits, turnover, floor loading capacity, and required space
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
** Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift **
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to acquire job skills and learn company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment/decision-making
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications as required by specific job requirements
- General organizational skills
- General communications skills, both verbal and written
- General customer service skills which involves obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation
- General team participation skills
- Ability to develop basic knowledge of the enterprise software tools (MRP, Receiving)
- Receive detailed instructions on all work
- Works under close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance
- General awareness of continuous improvement initiative
- Basic computer Skills