URL blocked - click to apply#885 ISO FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER
* At this time USDI is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
The ISO Functional Safety Engineer will perform functional safety analysis activities for Electrical/Electronics control systems during all project phases including concept, requirements, design, verification and validation and production and also item definition, preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis consistent with the ISO 26262 standard.
What you will do:
- Develop functional safety architectures and cascade functional safety requirements to the systems, subsystems, and component levels
- Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements
- Collaborate with Functional Safety Manager, project managers, development team and customers on technical aspects of functional safety
- Conduct technical reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety requirements are being met throughout product development cycles
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, systems or computer engineering or equivalent required
- 2+ years relevant work experience in product development
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 26262
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Theory. Preferable if holds safety certification
- Experience with Automotive Product Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools ( e.g., DOORS )
- Some familiarity with embedded software development
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Good technical leadership, problem solving, planning and organization/control skills
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Preferred: 3+ years in automotive safety related products
- Preferred: MS degree in electrical, system, or computer engineering
What you should do next:
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc. Take the next step and send us your resume now to be reviewed by one of our specialists.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 32 years and we specialize in technical engineering challenges.
Let us put our vast experience with major OEM’s, suppliers, and candidates to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis
Fault Tree Analysis
Complex Problem Solving
Computer Control Systems