To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
26 Bridge Street
Corning, NY 14830
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Front Office Coordinator
Arobr Housing and Development • Corning, NY
Posted 2 months ago
The key responsibility of the Front Office Coordinator is to make a good impression, the first time; every time! The successful candidate will be the “face” of Arbor to all entering and all those who work in the building and for Arbor at remote locations. Effectively and efficiently manage the lobby while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Key Job Functions
· Greet and respond appropriately and professionally to the needs and request of clients, external and internal constituent either by
phone, email or in person;
- Route calls, voicemail, and facsimile’s to respective staff;
- Receive USPS mail; disseminate internal and external correspondence, compile and bundle outgoing mail for USPS pick up and internal courier;
- Maintain USPS postal machine, office copiers and fax machines, including but not limited to the supply of adequate postage; ink; paper; and ensure all machines are in a state of good operational use, contact provider when repair/service are required;
- Perform clerical duties as they specifically pertain to the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program i.e. date/time stamp HCV applications for all counties, prepare intake, briefing and RFTA packets, terminated files, etc.….
- Coordinate annual Giving Tree Event;
- Perform clerical duties as assigned by program directors, supervisors;
- Order office supplies i.e. pens, pencils, paperclips, business cards, etc.….; maintain adequate inventory;
- Orchestrate agency vehicle schedules, compile employee mileage sheets and scan to finance department for processing;
- Assist the Executive Assistant in the creation, design and content of weekly internal newsletter;
- Keep the lobby/reception area clean, free of trash;
- Maintain reception workstation in a neat and organized manner; confidential documents must be safe guarded and out of public view;
- Perform “surface” housekeeping with regard to public restroom and multi-purpose room;
- i.e. paper towels off the floor; soap, toilet paper and paper towels in good supply
- tables clear of debris; coffee machines emptied and turned off; dishwasher loaded and unloaded and cycled
Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefit Package and Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays
- When working on a designated holiday, employees are compensated at double time
- Health, Dental and Vison Insurance, Agency funded Health Savings Account
- Life, ADD and LTD
- 401 (k) employer contribution
- Associates degree in office management and/or organizational management with 1 year relevant experience or;
- High School Diploma/GED AND certificate of successful completion in office technology, or office administration and 1 to 2 years relevant experience;
- Excellent communication skills; speaking and listening of equal importance;
- Friendly, organized and knowledgeable in Agency programs;
- Highly motivated; enthusiastic; empathetic; poised, diplomatic and professional
- Aptitude for developing collaborative relationships with community partners
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.…
- Demonstrated working abilities with basic office equipment i.e. copiers; postage machine; fax etc.…