Job Title: Network Engineer II- Systems Testing Engineer- Virtualization
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Contract Duration: 6+ months (EOY)
MUST HAVE TELECOM BACKGROUND
We are looking for candidates for Network Engineer II –Systems Testing Engineer - Virtualization based at office in Denver CO, primarily responsible for LAB system testing.
The System Test Engineer is responsible for Virtualization platform testing and engineering activities supporting Wireless System Integration Test function. This candidate plays a key role in building, maintaining Cisco UCS chassis, NetApp and V-sphere, along with integration, validation and certification of IG/MOPs for NDC in Wireless IP Core network. The System test Engineer creates strategic test plans that ensure load performance and stability of Virtualized Wireless products network ensuring the highest levels of customer and operational satisfaction. Technologies you will be supporting include, VMware ESXi, vSphere, vRealize, VMware vCenter and VMware Tools. Knowledgeable in Routers, Gateways, Wi-Fi Access Points, Service Provider Wi-Fi networks, and many other new technologies developed by key standards and collaboration committees are a plus. You will collaborate with Network Architects, development and Product Development on business and technology requirements and assess vendor solutions to address the requirements. You will work with Network development engineers to create detailed test plans and certification curriculums and methodologies for analysis of performance criteria. You will also partner with technical operations staff on system design and configuration and training needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
● Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
● Participates in planning virtualization platforms includes UCS, NetApp, Fabric interconnect, troubleshooting, ensure system load and performance, design and engineering functions.
● Integrates virtualization platforms in wireless core systems (NDC), topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations
● Evaluates new products, performs virtualization problem resolution.
● Perform Systems testing and documentation of NDC virtualization test evaluation and certification reports.
● Implement and approve methods of procedure (MOPs)and Implementation guides (IGs).
● Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network
enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement
● Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding NDC virtualization of core network testing, configuration and optimization
● Report and follow up defects using ticketing systems (JIRA)
● Works on one or more projects as a project team member.
● Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
● Know, understand and follow company policy
● Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge:
● Should have excellent knowledge in maintaining Virtualization platforms, storage platforms, VMs, V-Sphere, Net-App, Cisco UCS chassis, IP core Networks, (IPv4 / IPv6, TR-069, IPSEC, QoS, 802.11).
● Experience in testing and automation with Python programming languages is a plus.
● Should have excellent knowledge with common operating systems (multiple flavors of Linux, Android and other Java-Linux platforms) and knowledgeable in Virtual machines, System Performance and troubleshooting.
● Knowledgeable in various Network protocols and services i.e. AAA, Diameter, EAP, PDSN, LTE Data, VoLTE, GRE, Soft GRE, L2TP, CAPWEP is a plus.
● Experience using test equipment and tools for validating load and performance (Spirent, IXIA traffic generators, protocol analyzers, system simulators, Wi-Fi analyzers and packet sniffers).
● Understanding and/or experience working with the following is a plus: - Network routing protocols, Leaf-Spine architecture, RADIUS protocols
● Experience with testing and troubleshooting Virtualization deployments E2E and network Layer 1 thru 7.
● Experience developing automation scripts utilizing Python programming languages.
● Experience writing and developing detailed test cases and test plans
● Experience with network test equipment, such as Ixia, Spirent, Fluke Networks, IBB, Spectrum Analyzers, and Traffic Generators.
● Must possess expert skills and experience with desktop operating systems and applications (Windows, MAC, Unix/Linux).
● Strong work ethic with a desire to meet and exceed personal and business goals
● Expert level communication, documentation, teamwork skills
● Self-motivated to take ownership of assigned projects and deliverables
● Experienced technical writing skills sufficient to produce white papers, test cases, test plans, design documents, and technical diagrams
● Ability to work both in a team and independently on assigned projects
● Strong documentation, follow-up, communication skills
● Learns and adapts to new technologies and methodologies. Must be able to think outside-the-box and exercise innovation.
● Ability to work with little supervision to execute highly technical and complex tasks
● Organized with a strong attention to detail
● Possesses strong analytical skills
● Must have at least Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
● Professional level certification or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience:
● 5+ years of professional experience in Engineering capacity
● Office Environment
● Network Lab environment
● Exposure to continuous moderate noise
● Work performed near power lines and electricity
● Occasional travel as required