You must accurately classify all goods being imported and then request or compile the necessary documentation, including cargo-control papers, customs invoices and certificates of origin. This requires a familiarity with current compliance procedures and applicable laws, which you can maintain by attending conferences or reading literature. You will sign documents for clients using power of attorney, monitor any customs rejections, and respond to client inquiries regarding the status of their goods. Additionally, you will track all duties and taxes owed, process payments on behalf of the client, and apply for duty drawbacks, tariff concessions and other refunds. In some cases, you may be tasked with representing clients in meetings with customs officials and arranging for the transportation and storage of goods that have cleared customs.
• Entry writer for a Customs Broker
• Strong customer service skills and good attention to detail
• Provide necessary documents to other government Agencies FDA, FWL,ETC
• Prepare customs brokerage file
• Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers as well as valuation.
• Verify country of origin
• Verify if any Free Trade agreements apply to entry.
• Data Entry & transmit to Customs
• Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
• Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
• Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Two years of entry writing experience for a customs broker/freight forwarder
• Attention to detail and commitment to error-free work
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have solid math skills
Interested? Reach out to Email blocked - click to apply or feel free to email your resume.
CALL: Phone number blocked - click to apply If this job is perfect for you!
Attention To Detail