- Weekly facility inspections and checklists.
- Perform assessments to identify, document and recommend additional facility maintenance requirements.
- Identify, document and report all physical building deficiencies, followed by a recommendation for repair.
- Assist the customer with design reviews on major/minor construction, renovation and repair projects.
- Document, advise and inform customer and tenants on matters pertaining to their site (e.g., improper use of the property, unit housekeeping problems, pending repairs and upcoming construction projects)
- Assist the Government in tracking project status, performing inspections, providing documentation, and verifying completion of projects or work orders.
- Monitor physical and functional condition of building systems.
- Identify and report deficiencies.
- Initiation of Work Order requests and criteria/objectives for maintenance and repair, input into CSS.
- Planning, coordination and quality assurance requirements and specifications for service contract support of facility repairs.
- Coordinate and participate in occupational health and safety inspections.
- Prepare, review and submit energy efficiency and sustainable practices/recommendations.
- Promote energy conservation and awareness.
- Assist customer in implementing corrective actions, repair, and maintenance.
- Maintain environmental compliance.
- Monitoring and inspect life safety, physical security and fire prevention requirements. Address deficiencies if required.
- Documentation, Checklists, and Reports.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
*This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Required Qualifications and Skills -
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Detailed knowledge of building electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, interiors, and roofing systems.
- Experience conducting building inspections/facility condition assessments.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and prioritize effectively in order meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- Familiarity with standard CMMS systems, estimating tools, and Microsoft Suite.
- Must always be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. May be asked to drive for several hours each day during the course of site inspections.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited college or university and a minimum three (3) years of experience;
- Five (5) plus years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance:
- Current favorable, or eligible for a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) clearance, in accordance with AR 38067
- Valid Driver’s License