· Examine insurance claims for accuracy and request any missing information
· Thoroughly review to ensure there is no missing or duplicate information.
· Manages and processes medical claims to ensure timely filing.
· Follow set billing processes and procedures
· Technology based testing participation.
· Regular and timely attendance.
· Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree in a Healthcare related field or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience in lieu of education: if a candidate does not have the educational requirement, three years of insurance, medical billing, and/or legal work can be substitute for the education requirement. It will be left to the candidate to explain in a cover letter how previous work experience is applicable to this position.
Experience in insurance, medical billing, and/or legal work preferred.
· Basic keyboard skills and computer knowledge
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent telephone skills, including use of multi-line phone
· Professional demeanor and attitude
· Excellent organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
· Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent problem-solving skill
· Ability to read and interpret basic business correspondence, safety instructions, operating instructions, and policy manuals.
· Working knowledge of coding terminology and billing requirements
· Ability to speak effectively and communicate with physicians, patients, and other staff members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, must have finger dexterity, and the ability to communicate via telephone and computer. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job is performed indoors in a controlled environment where the noise level is usually moderate.