To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Garden City, NY 11371
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Construction Field Inspector- Garden City, NY
The Naik Group • Garden City, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Naik Group is looking for a field inspector that will be tasked with the day-to-day inspection of the Project site with respect to contractor activities constructing, installing, testing, and placing in service a new underground 138kV circuit.
- Directing, coordinating, inspecting, monitoring, and documenting the performance of outside contractors performing construction on facilities
- Responsible for the oversight of 2-50 contractor employees
- Serve as the principle on-site interface between the contractors and the Construction Manager
- Ensure the project meets technical specifications and is completed within time and cost requirements
- Monitor project progress and contract performance
- Maintain accurate records of site conditions, work performed, and potential scope changes
- Assist the Construction Manager in the review and approval of contractor invoices
- Coordinate permit requirements
- Monitor and report on any incidents, potential hazards and/or environmental concerns in order to ensure area work complies with policies and regulatory requirements
- Compliance with all Quality Control requirements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly inspections and reports for submital to the client
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate Safety policies and procedures, and OSHA rules and regulations
- The Field Inspector will have stop-work authority
The applicant should have the knowledge, experience and skills needed to review the skills needed to review project plans, specifications, contract enforcement, and applicable technical standards, OSHA and other regulatory statues.
Other qualifications include:
- Detailed working knowledge of electric transmission and civil construction
- 10 years of experience in civil and electrical construction. NYSDOT highway construction is desirable
- Knowledge of trade agreements, procedures, techniques, work methods and standards
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings and convey interpretations to contractors
- Ability to investigate and solve construction problems in a timely manner
- Computer and Administrative skills
- Strong verbal, written, and inter personal communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, and weekends
- Must have a driver's licence