To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
525 Boynton Canyon Road
Sedona, AZ 86336
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Rooms
Enchantment Resort and Mii amo Spa • Sedona, AZ
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Basic Function: The Director of Rooms will be responsible for the successful management of all front office operations, including front office, concierge, bell staff, Housekeeping and Resort Activities. The primary focus of responsibility is evaluating and improving guest service as well as the efficiencies of the division’s departments. This hands-on leader will be accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out the resort and for providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay. Duties also include assisting in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction. Ensure smooth running operations and maintain financial responsibility and profitability over Rooms Division.
- Directs and controls the activities of the Front Office, Concierge, Bell Staff, Valet, Housekeeping, Laundry and Resort Activities.
- Oversee and have a working knowledge of all Rooms Division systems and operations
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments on daily basis to ensure high standards of guest services
- Assures that standards are met, guests and employees are satisfied and problems are promptly resolved.
- Effectively supervises all areas include coaching and counseling, and disciplinary action as necessary
- Conduct performance reviews as necessary
- Ensure that department profitability objectives are met
- Monitor and control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the division and resort.
- Monitors and controls other divisional expenses such as supplies and equipment.
- Assists in preparing business forecasts. Makes suggestions that will improve revenue, reduce cost and increase guest satisfaction.
- Creates department annual budgets and assures that financial goals of the division and the resort are being met.
- Responsible for the economical purchase and control of all equipment in the departments
- Interact with VIP’s, Homeowners, and Group Coordinator as necessary
- Works closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate, occupancy and total revenue.
- Supervise all Rooms Division areas to ensure compliance with resort management objectives and procedures
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Supervise all training programs in accordance with product description
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees and understand accident prevention policies
- Develop and implement service standards to ensure a consistent guest experience at a high quality level
- Maintain outside business contacts within the hotel/resort industry.
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of all cash handling within all reporting departments
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Executive Housekeeper, Director of Front Office, VIP Experience Director and Activities Director
Supervision Received: Managing Director
Responsibility & Authority:
- Maintain a high level of guest service and discipline at all times in all guest services areas
- Uphold the resort commitment to hospitality
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee
College degree preferably specializing in hotel management, business administration or equivalent experience is required. Three to Five years’ previous experience as a Director of Rooms at a luxury resort. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required, advanced PMS experience preferred. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Good command of the English language. Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in the United States. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
65% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary