Leads team responsible for installations, modifications, repairs, maintenance of voice, data and video cabling systems under direction and supervision of Department Manager. Surveys installation areas to determine work methods, tools, materials, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages day-to-day planning, operation and problem-solving to ensure team meets its required level of service.
• Supervises installation of Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
• Leads efforts in installation of outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
• Provides updates on projects to assigned Project Manager and Department Manager.
• Performs site surveys, reads and uses blueprints and floor plans and conducts visual site inspections.
• Performs and supervises work in retrofit and new construction environments and implements cut-overs.
• Demonstrates knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components.
• Attends training and safety meetings. Works safely at all times utilizing necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
• Determines closet and equipment layouts and installs closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment.
• Terminates, assembles and installs 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, lightcrimp connectors and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
• Tests copper and fiber (multimode and singlemode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
• Diagnoses and corrects copper and optical fiber problems.
• Removes and demolishes abandoned cables.
• Maintains and references industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local BICSI and National Electric Code.
• Installs grounding infrastructure and performs grounding tests.
• Performs cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
• Identifies active circuits.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Education:
• Associate’s degree in related area.
• 5 years cabling experience.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• BICSI Technician or similar certification.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Possess high level of independent judgment within established procedures.
• Ability to work extended hours including evening/weekend (overtime) as needed.
• Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed.
• Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
• Daily travel to work sites along with possible travel to out of-town work sites.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable with our auto insurance carrier during course of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.