We’re looking for a Master Data Architect with 7+ years of relevant experience implementing a MDM suite of tools to design, develop, optimize and support MDM for a great opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
In this position, you will design, develop, manage and determine how an enterprise’s master data will be stored and utilized. You will also identify strategic data requirements of an enterprise and design models to ensure data requirements align with the architecture of the enterprise. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves building something from the ground up and welcomes being the backbone of success.
As the Master Data Architect, you will:
- Build and support the capability to develop and optimize definition and specifications of data extraction, transformation and load of MDM for Analytics.
- Manage partnerships with Data Integration Hubs around data modeling, data mappings, data validation, hierarchy management and overall security.
- Provide continuous enhancement and review of MDM matching rules, data quality and validation processes.
- Own the vision for the central source of truth for Master Data for the global enterprise.
- Implement MDM suite of tools to design, develop, optimize and support MDM for various domains.
- Lead the performance tuning of existing processes.
- Identify strategic master data requirements of an enterprise and design models to make sure such data requirements align with the architecture of the enterprise.
- Creating inventory of enterprise’s master data and storing the data in an easily accessible manner while ensuring protection from unauthorized persons.
- Collaborate with the business to build and lead data governance function across organization using industry best practices.
- Develop supporting data quality programs and metrics.
- Lead and own automated MDM operations processes from data ingestion to data provisioning using tools. Build a knowledge base for the enterprise-wide data flows and processes around them.
- Manage and build in-house MDM skills around various MDM technologies, data quality tools, database systems, analytical tools and Big Data platforms.
- Interface directly with business and process partners to understand their needs and objectives first-hand.
- Provide training on how to interpret & use master data for business analysis
- Collaborate with other sub-units of enterprise architecture to develop data solutions and models for the organization’s needs
- Partner with the enterprise’s management to create data models in line with the organization’s needs.
- Prepare detailed functional requirements for software engineering.
- Perform research to discover new data management models and techniques.
Work closely with the internal and external customers that are responsible for performing any tasks required, related to critical software and/or process alterations – such as:
- Solution Design
- Software and Process testing
- Systems configuration
- Process and information flow documentation maintenance
- Performing of UAT’s, coordination of information distribution to site, etc.
- Generate and compile corrective action documents, complete with probable causes & possible solutions to systems issues and follow through to deployment of solution.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of where and/or how assigned disciplines are utilized across the organization.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with the sites to create and maintain a cohesive and connected business system to support the needs of the business.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team (as applicable) promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
Job Requirements for Master Data Architect:
- Previous experience working in data management systems and database platforms
Experience working in enterprise reporting and dashboard solutions
- Familiarity with iSeries, RPGLE, LANSA languages
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to boil complex problems down to their constituent elements, and then formulate and evaluate a range of alternative solutions.
- Must have excellent conceptual design skills – an instinctive feel for which solutions ‘fit’ and which need rethinking.
- Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills.
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal)
- Ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Experience and/or knowledge of FMEA, ITIL, COBIT, and ISO.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining enterprise software applications such as WMS, Distribution, Transportation, and Labor Management. JDA WMS and WLM are a benefit
- Data Management Systems and database platforms
- JDA platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, etc. is a benefit
- Relevant programming experience preferred
- Experience in .Net and PL/SQL
- Familiarity with XML and other integration platforms
- Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries
We and our clients are equal opportunity employers who value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.