JOB SUMMARY:URL blocked - click to apply
The Driver is responsible for providing safe transportation for clients in agency vehicles to various appointments within the community. The Driver is responsible for loading and unloading products when picking up or delivering donated goods and assisting clients moving into their own homes. The Driver keeps logs of all activities and ensures that all vehicles are maintained in good working order. The Driver will provide assistance to the Resource Development Department for special events. The Driver understands that Broward County follows a Housing First model and that all clients’ experience with homelessness should be rare, brief, and non-recurring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Transports clients to and from activities and appointments.
2. Ensures safety of clients by following all traffic rules and observing safe driving habits.
3. Picks up and delivers products to and from specified locations.
4. Maintains an organized and efficient loading and unloading system, including sorting donated goods at the Homeless Assistance Center.
5. Ensures that the vehicle fleet is in good working order by conducting daily inspections and reporting any issues or concerns to the supervisor.
6. Demonstrates sufficient manual dexterity and strength to organize, package, lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
7. Maintains required vehicle paperwork and log.
8. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skill, and or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be responsible to perform any other job-related instructions/tasks given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Education/Experience: one year of experience as a delivery driver. High School Diploma or GED; Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and good driving record. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be able to lift heavy items.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.URL blocked - click to apply Sufficient manual dexterity and strength to organize, package, lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
The Driver works in settings of Broward Partnership, including offices, classrooms, group rooms as well as being involved in other areas of Broward Partnership programs both on and off campus. In addition, the position is active in the community as situations warrant, representing Broward Partnership.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: URL blocked - click to apply and include the job title of “Driver” in the subject line.
Broward Partnership is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and complies with all federal and state laws, and regulations. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-verify.
Fine Motor Skills