The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the Company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy supporting Production execution in order to maximize process efficiency, productivity and cost reduction in line with the Company’s policies, procedures and objectives.
This Supply Chain Manager will be a hands-on Leader responsible for synchronizing the supply of materials with the Demand forecast and the Production execution plan. Areas of responsibility include: Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control. In addition, the incumbent plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining strong partnerships with vendors and distributors.
The Supply Chain manager is a goal oriented thinker and utilizes quantitative and analytical approaches to determine, calculate and proactively improve the overall supply chain processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the development, implementation and management of an integrated Supply Chain infrastructure and all associated processes. Strong focus on cost optimization, Working Capital reductions, and implementation of best practices in line with the Company’s policies, procedures, and objectives.
· Review, interpret and take decisive action on financial and operational information impacting the supply chain; coordinate and develop periodic operational analysis with a keen focus on improving accountability and efficiency to meet the market place demand and Company targets .
· Lead the S&OP process for the production site through strong collaboration with all stakeholders translating input into defined actions and targets.
· Develop and Support the Master Scheduling team with monitoring production execution and maintaining appropriate inventory levels and safety stocks for all bill of materials .
· Work closely with Regional Production Planning to support inter-company Load balancing as required.
· Maintain and monitor all material master attributes in the ERP.
· Develop, Monitor and Report KPIs covering Supply Chain performance across all Business partners (internal and external) to support production execution and continuous improvement.
· Develop, recommend and implement Supply Chain policies and procedures to facilitate the most economical and expeditious method of procuring and managing materials / inventory.
· Working closely with Head Office and the Region develop, implement and monitor the Vendor / Supplier base, direct and indirect, through disciplined activities involving contract management, scorecards, procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiations, supplier audits etc.
· Support monthly, quarterly, and annual business plans and forecast cycle updates.
· Act as Lead contact for the site for all escalations involving Supply Chain matters.
· Keep abreast of the latest managerial, manufacturing and Supply chain management techniques by reading and attending seminars and conferences.
· Direct and counsel subordinate managers and employees in regard to job performance and accountabilities. Conduct performance reviews and make recommendations accordingly.
· Other Duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Mgmt, Logistics, or Business related field .
· 10+ years total industry manufacturing experience in a leadership role with significant work experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, Mgr. Logistics / Warehouse or another similar role.
· Advanced understanding of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, scheduling, warehouse, and logistics management) and Working Capital management.
· Proven analytical mindset coupled with a strong business focus directed toward a commitment to optimization and efficiency.
· Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting with heightened attention to detail.
· A self-starter with outstanding organizational and management skills and ability to work independently while managing and prioritizing multiple tasks in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
· Effective negotiation skills with proven results in managing Supplier relationships, driving Supplier improvements and cost reductions. .
· Experience managing customs compliance and distribution teams.
· ERP system experience (SAP preferred), particularly with warehouse and distribution systems.
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with all levels of an Organization.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proven skill set in Excel is a must.
· Lean or Six Sigma experience an asset.
· Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification preferred
· Certification in Transportation and Logistics (CTL)
· Certified Master Logistician (CML)
· Certified Professional Logistician (CPL)
Supplier Relationship Management
Enterprise Resource Planning