To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scranton, PA
- Joshua Clark
- Phone: 717 207 9368
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Carlisle Group • Scranton, PA
Posted 2 months ago
The Carlisle Group is conducting a retained search for a corporate Produce Supervisor. This position will oversee all produce sales and merchandising for approximately 10 stores. Our client is a successful, family-owned chain of grocery stores in Northeastern Pennsylvania that is well known for their strong perishables departments.
The Produce Supervisor directly oversees and manages all produce departments and personnel. Included are Essential Functions that are in depth to illustrate the overall job requirements and responsibilities. Essential Functions define “accountability” and other required functions and standards that are key in the determination of compensation, bonuses and other entitlements:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Direct, maintain and enforce the produce departments and personnel in cooperation with the specific objective of complying with the general mission statement of the company;
- Responsible for achieving goals set for the departments in sales, gross profit and dollars per labor hour;
- Maintain consistent and direct communication with Produce Managers and Employees, Store Managers, Supervision and Owners on a day to day basis;
- Maintain a competent knowledge of essential functions for all department positions and all policies and procedures;
- Oversee the proper scheduling of department personnel;
- Monitor and walk the departments, including coolers and freezers, reviewing overall quality, sanitation, general presentation, rotation and stock levels;
- Oversee and control department supplies, inventory and shrink;
- Oversee the procedures for department invoices, transfers, inventories;
- Oversee the ordering of raw materials for production and maintaining proper stock and service levels;
- Monitor temperatures in cases and coolers and enforce proper food handling and storage procedures;
- Maintain efficient buying methods and a proper retail pricing structure;
- Direct the merchandising, planning, display and rotation of the all products in the customer areas;
- Oversee cleanliness and proper sanitation of all areas in the meat departments and customer areas according to the Pennsylvania Department of Health;
- Assist in the preventative maintenance of all department equipment;
- Responsible for overseeing and directing proper customers service of the departments;
- Direct and assist with the interviewing, hiring and training of all employees, along with overseeing the required written evaluations;
- Maintain and enforce full compliance with all Federal and State Employment Regulations;
- Maintain and communicate awareness of local competition and its effects on the organization;
- Maintain and enforce full compliance of all safety policies and procedures;
- Oversee department promotions and seasonal promotions.
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of meat cutting experience and 5 years retail management experience in a grocery store environment;
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest and percentages;