Midwest Professional Staffing is looking for a well-rounded Accountant to assist with a contract opportunity with potential to go permanent. This role is located in Marshalltown and will provide a variety of duties and assist in the implementation of new processes. Qualified candidates will have a 2 or 4 year degree in Accounting and relevant experience. This position will contribute to a small team and take direction from the Controller. This opportunity exists due to a maternity leave, and will have time to train with the individual leaving.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Pay: $18-$28/hour depending on experience
- Assist Controller with month end close
- Complete account reconciliations and bank reconciliations
- Maintain inventory through Excel, find ways to improve inventory process/programs
- Maintain general ledger
- Complete Accounts Payable
- Process invoices and company credit card transactions
- Ability to complete a long term project, and ideally transition to permanent employee
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred, 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Great Plains software beneficial
- Challenge current processes and recommend/improve efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail
We are a staffing firm dedicated to connecting talented candidates with outstanding companies. Midwest Professional Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. Join our team and reach your true potential!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles