2nd Shift CNC Machinist
We are currently looking to hire several CNC machinists for our manufacturing facility located in Wixom, MI. All positions are full-time direct and pay up to 25/hour to start. All openings are currently on 2nd shift.
2nd shift: Monday to Friday 4:30pm-3am
We are looking for both skilled CNC operators and skilled CNC set-up/operators. Candidates with a background on either lathes or mills will qualify.
-MUST have CNC precision machining experience, aerospace is not required but highly preferred.
- CNC Lathe Machinist
- CNC Mill Machinist
- CNC Vertical Turret Lathe Machinist
Essential Duties: The following are the normal duties performed by these positions. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Operate CNC Machines as necessary to produce the required number of conforming parts in a timely manner according to process documentation. This will include operating multiple pieces of CNC equipment simultaneously.
2) The ability to correctly setup jobs in assigned equipment in a timely manner is a plus, but not required.
3) Perform 1st piece, in-process and last piece inspection using micrometers, calipers, comparators, various gauges and CMM equipment according to process documentation.
4) Perform data collection and communication tasks as directed in our eOVL.
5) Perform operator maintenance (TPM).
6) Diagnose and correct equipment or tool issues.
7) Perform deburr or rework of work in-process.
8) Make recommendations to optimize and improve assigned processes.
9) Maintain work station to 5S standards.
10) Perform all work according to Company safety standards.
11) Comply with all Quality/Company policies and procedures.
1) Solid track record of employment success. Successful work experience operating CNC-controlled equipment to produce precision-machined metal parts, and setup experience is a plus.
2) Firm understanding of machining center theory, including x, y and z axis.
3) Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
4) Significant collaboration and communication skills related to continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
5) Blueprint reading skills to GD&T standards.
6) High school diploma or equivalent. Additional trade school training preferred, but not required.
7) Basic computer skills.
8) Ability to perform basic shop math functions.
9) Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to customer policies and practices.
3-5+ years of CNC operation, set up or programming experience
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)