To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
American Cybersystems, Inc. (ACS Group) • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with Key Suppliers. Develop dual sourcing strategies where applicable. Communicate with supply base by having weekly conference calls and performing frequent supplier visits. Manage and track performance to plan for quality, OTD, responsiveness, technical and cost. Review SPI and suppliers’ internal metrics to monitor performance. Review weak performance areas and work with both internal organizations and suppliers to improve processes. Recommend suppliers to add and remove from the ASL based on performance. Supply reports and status of projects and material deliveries to requesting organizations such as Program Management, Operations, Production Control and Engineering.
Negotiate, procure and expedite goods and services for Production and MRO as specified within established Government regulations, division and corporate policies with the assurance of maximum quality, best value, and timely delivery. This position takes ownership of their assigned commodities and proactively seeks to streamline the order fulfillment process. When requisition or demand is generated the senior buyer performs a “smart buy” analysis to determine quantity to buy based on Price, PPV and Excess inventory. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for development and management of suppliers. In this position the senior buyer may be developing strategy for the division and potentially sector wide procurement of specific commodities. Directs the Junior Buyers in the purchasing department for tactical work and ensures they are in compliance to all processes and procedures.
Maintain the integrity of the ERP system data as is relates to purchasing. This includes Item or Part Master Data, EA, IR, RGA, Production Orders and Inventory.
• Business/technical degree preferred or equivalent
• CPSM/CPIM certification preferred
• Engineering oriented with direct experience in purchasing machined parts, sheet metal, welding, injection moldings, castings, forgings, or other mechanical commodities
• Minimum 5 years’ experience utilizing ERP system within a manufacturing environment to procure material
• Active membership and participation within a Purchasing Management Association, certification preferred
• Experience in Government Procurements per FAR / DAR
• Business experience
• Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to understand engineering documents
• Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts
• Strong ability to reason/problem solving skills
• Ability to supervise subordinates
• Effective utilization of an ERP system to purchase goods and services within a manufacturing environment
• Commodity buying and market place knowledge and experience in the commodities assigned
• Ability to organize and prioritize work. Being self-directed and multi-tasking is essential
• Must have Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point
- CPSM/CPIM certification preferred
- Engineering oriented with direct experience in purchasing machined parts, sheet metal, welding, injection moldings, castings, forgings, or other mechanical commodities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience utilizing ERP system within a manufacturing environment to procure material
- Active membership and participation within a Purchasing Management Association, certification preferred
- Experience in Government Procurements per FAR / DAR