The purpose of this position is to support sales and client retention through excellent customer service by performing moderately complex payroll processing for various sized businesses throughout the United States.
This job description is not an employment contract and does not alter the employment at will status. The employer retains the right to change a job description at any time without notice. This document serves as an overview and may not list all of the duties that may be performed.
This position, under general supervision, reports to the Payroll Manager and does not supervise other positions.
1. Processes payrolls including the ability to process payrolls that require tipped employees, certified payrolls, job cost, and piecework within the designated time frames.
2. Processes payroll billing and completes related paperwork within approved time frame.
3. Balances and confirms client payroll information.
4. Prepares payroll documents for shipment.
5. Communicates call totals and other payroll related information to clients.
6. Researches and resolves payroll and billing discrepancies.
7. Maintains client folders and files.
8. Assists with monthly, quarterly, and year-end processes.
9. Assists other team members with their payrolls as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Requirements
1. Ability to speak, see, and hear.
2. Ability to lift, push, and pull objects up to 5 pounds frequently.
3. Ability to use hands and arms to reach, handle, and operate various office machines including, but not limited to a printer, copier, fax, 10 key calculator, keyboard, and telephone.
The work environment is typical of an interior office setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
1. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws regarding wage and hour topics.
2. Knowledge of company services and products being offered.
3. Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
4. Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
5. Skill to establish and maintain filing systems, format, proofread, edit documents, and perform calculations.
6. Skill to use company software such as, ThinkWare (Darwin), Ultipro, Isynergy, Word, Excel, and Outlook with proficiency.
7. Skill to manage multiple projects.
8. Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
9. Skill to research and analyze data and prepare recommendations.
10. Skill to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
11. Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
12. Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor with clients.
13. Ability to exercise a passion for excellent customer service, professional judgment, and initiative.
14. Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task and work independently.
15. Ability to listen carefully and respond to or refer client requests and problems with diplomacy and a sense of urgency.
16. Ability to look for opportunities to apply new ideas, methods, designs, and technologies.
17. Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
18. Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
19. Ability to process, interpret, and communicate complex information and data.
20. Ability to project an outgoing and service focused personality.
21. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
22. Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters and information.
23. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
24. Ability to consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
1. One (1) year of payroll processing experience.
2. Skill to use Word, Excel, and Outlook at a basic level.
3. High school education or equivalent.
Attention To Detail