1. Understand all unique customer requirements for quoting, pricing, order processing, labeling, shipping, and reporting.
2. Understand sales reps preferences for communicating information.
3. Respond to all external requests for information as soon as possible. All emails and phone calls should be responded to within 30 minutes if only to let the customer/rep know you have received their request and are working on it.
4. Send regular status reports of all open orders for a rep or customer. The frequency of this will be based upon the preference of the customer/rep and the requirement of information by the factory.
5. Be diligent to hunt down all missing information such as fabric information, finish information, delivery date requirements, etc.
6. Be diligent to inform customers/reps of any required steps that need to be completed in order to move orders forward.
7. Receive Requests for Quotes from Customers and Representatives and compile all necessary information (quote required by date and time, award date, projected production date, and any other missing details such as fabric, finish, etc. and transfer this information to the internal quoting department.
8. Communicate any unclear items or questions in a manner that will get answers quickly.
9. Send quotes back to the Customer and/or Rep and/or Sales President (always copying the rep and/or Sales President and/or other necessary parties) if sent directly to the customer thanking them for the opportunity.