You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Estimator – General Construction - Hospitality
Highland Consulting Group is a national executive recruiting firm that specializes in Commercial and Industrial construction.
We are recruiting for an experienced Estimator for a well-organized professional General Contractor in the Bowie, MD area with Commercial construction experience. This position gives someone with experience to shine on larger projects that are very interesting. Our client is a regional contractor that has a national reach and is in an expansion mode. With this expansion you would be able to be part of the team that shapes how the business is expanded and help to lead the charge. The position needs to be filled immediately.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years Estimating Experience with all construction divisions is preferred but not required. This position is responsible to help with Conceptual bids, Takeoffs, and Hard bids Project mix includes Hotels, Restaurants, and Retail that are renovation and/or ground up construction
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Estimator will read all plans and specifications of jobs prior to bidding job
- Actively participate in developing a bid strategy for each project
- Development of master budgets and cost models for all Construction Divisions / CSI Divisions
- Provide Conceptual & Hard Bids estimates of projects
- Create general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Provide independent estimates of change orders
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems to estimate costs
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect potential over- runs and problem areas
- Solid Communication both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid proven and verifiable record of career stability and estimating success is a must
- Proficient computer skills including estimating and industry specific software
- Must have the ability to create conceptual bids for Design / Build projects
- Strong preconstruction skills, including estimating, quantity survey, value engineering and construct ability reviews
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Estimator for a General Contractor with projects larger than 1 Million dollars
- Must have solid computer skills and experience on some of the major estimating software packages
- The ability to help schedule projects is a plus
- A four year degree is preferred. Candidates with General Construction experience and a concentration in Preconstruction Estimating will be highly considered for this position
- This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees. The company benefits include Medical Insurance, 401K savings plan, paid Vacation & Holidays and other benefits.
- If you have this type of experience please apply to this position. You can also contact me directly to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601724-837-6336
- Cost Estimate
- Cost Estimating Software
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: DTO1569
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.