CMM Operator - 1st Shift
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes performing CMM programming tasks in support of the existing machining process and new product development. Other duties may be assigned as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Write, develop, validate and debug measuring machine programs and provide the supporting documentation for CMM machines.
· Communicate with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, and skilled trades to meet customer/shop floor needs.
· Support the development and improvement of measuring systems and effective programming · for assigned areas.
· Recommend and implement as directed programming best practices and aspire to support measurement systems for the manufacturing organization.
· Recommend, implement as directed, support, and provide continuous improvement of lean measuring systems through effective programming and up to date measuring practices.
· Design adequate work holdings for part inspection.
· Troubleshoot and solve both machine issues and related problems in the measuring process.
· Train manufacturing and quality personnel on CMM machines.
· Assist in measurement development for NPD components and the continuous improvement process for existing components.
· Comply with all Clients policies
Essential traits we are looking for include:
· Candidates must possess excellent problem-solving skills, be highly analytical, and use fact-based problem-solving methods.
· Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example, and observes close attention to detail.
· Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
· Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
· Innovative and creative, applies new approaches to solving problems.
· Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Education and Experience Qualifications
· Minimum 3 years prior experience preferably in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
· Refined knowledge of CAD and CMM programming
· Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators.
· Working knowledge of machine, tool, fixture, work-holding and die design.
· Strong specific knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T, setup, tooling and fixture techniques.
· Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
· Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those that meet the requirements above will be contacted.
Attention To Detail
New Product Development