Our Client, a leading Aerospace machining company in Poway, is seeking CNC Machinists with Lathe, Mill, EDM, Waterjet experience to join their team. This would be a temporary to direct opportunity with excellent career potential as the company is growing significantly.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday:
2nd shift: $23.10 to $26.40 including 2nd shift differential per hour DOE. The 2nd Shift is from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
(Our client will be flexible on pay rate for Expert Level CNC Machinists)
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the safe and efficient operation of a CNC allowing for the achievement of customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate CNC for the cutting of metallic materials
- Tool life management
- Interpret blueprints, sketches/shop drawings, and engineering specifications; determine sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Perform 1st piece, in-process and last piece inspection using micrometers, calipers, comparators, various gauges according to process documentation.
- Perform operator maintenance.
- Diagnose and correct equipment or tool issues.
- Perform de-burr or rework of work in-process.
- Make recommendations to optimize and improve assigned processes.
- Maintain work station to 5S standards.
- Perform required maintenance as needed for the CNC .
- Perform all work according to the client’s safety standards.
- Comply with all the client’s policies and procedures.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Results Driven.
- Cycle Time Management.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a machine shop. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration and occasional loud sounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit or climb ladders. The majority of the employee’s day will be spent standing. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
- Additional work may be necessary either on a daily basis or on weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 years of Aerospace and Defence CNC machining
- Tool Life management experience required
- CNC Set-up experience.
- Awareness of general safety, and quality systems.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, shop drawings and engineering specifications in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Experience with G&M codes required
- Experience with 3-axis machine set up and operation required
- Ability to hold tolerance required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be a United States Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
If you qualify per above, apply with your resume (word format preferred) as the client is looking to interviewing ASAP.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates that meet the requirements above will be contacted.
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)