To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
34 Pearly Lane
Gardner, MA 01440
- Dale DelleChiaie
- Phone: 978-632-1230
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Care Nurse RN
GVNA Healthcare Inc. • Gardner, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Homecare Nurse RN
GVNA HealthCare, Inc. - In your Community
GVNA HealthCare Inc. offers skilled nursing, therapy home visits, hospice, private duty services, adult day health service in areas surrounding Fitchburg, Gardner, Athol and Greenfield. We are a not-for-profit home healthcare agency dedicated to providing quality care to the community, regardless of their ability to pay. We believe that ALL people have the right to the best healthcare possible, whatever their circumstances, and that they deserve to receive that care in the comfort and security of their homes whenever possible.
About this Career Opportunity
Opportunity for dynamic Nurse to work in greater Gardner area. This is a full-time benefitted position with non-profit, 5-star home health agency.
Work schedule: Full time weekdays with weekend and holiday rotation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes Oasis assessments and nursing evaluations to determine the need for skilled services, the frequency of visits, and the services needed.
- Assess the nursing needs of the patient and family and updates the plan of care on an ongoing basis.
- Provides treatment and assessment while following physician orders and the plan of care.
- Assess medications on admission and an on-going basis and maintains an accurate medication profile.
- Involves the patient and/or caregiver in the plan of care focused on achieving maximum independence.
- Communicates with and coordinates interdisciplinary services to provide quality care and determine the discharge plan. Coordination of services is documented.
- Utilizes critical thinking with assessing the client and follows up with the physician when needed.
- Ensure all insurance authorizations have been approved for every nursing visit.
- Completes documentation within the time frames stipulated in the Documentation Policy.
- Evaluates goals and documents whether goals were met or will not be met from visit to visit.
- Documents medical justification for each skilled visit and documentation reflects continuity from the previous visits.
- Adjusts daily and weekly patient schedules to comply with visit frequency and provide continuity of care. Missed visits or cancelled visits are cancelled and documented.
- Observes and supervises Home Health Aide to evaluate performance and quality of care.
- Utilizes standard precautions for all client care.
- 80% of documentation will be done at the point of care.
- Assess appropriateness of service from this agency or other agency providers.
- Meet productivity 85% of the time.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changes in workload or assignment.
- Responds to communication from Compliance timely.
- Checks voicemail regularly.
- Informs the scheduler of scheduling changes as they occur.
- Submits weekly schedules with adjustments to the scheduler.
- Completes Acceptance forms, HHABN’s, and NOMNC’s when required.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a N.L.N approved school of nursing
EXPERIENCE: One-year nursing experience in an acute care setting or comparable experiences is recommended. Experience in community health nursing preferred.
LICENSURE: A registered professional nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
Other: Possession of a valid driver's license and dependable, registered transportation.
Must possess basic computer skills, adequate typing skills and spelling skills. Ability to read, wright, speak and understand the English language.
Additional position responsibilities can be viewed by going to www.gvnahealthcare.org. Click on “Careers” then “Job Search and to Apply”. Here you will see GVNA’s list of career opportunities including full job descriptions.
To APPLY Go to: www.gvnahealthcare.org
Click on “Careers” then "Job Search and to Apply"
GVNA HealthCare is a Tobacco-free employer and campus
EOE, Equal Opportunity Employer
GVNA offers an outstanding benefit package
Health Insurance Vacation Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Personal Days Employee Assistance Program
Retirement (401K) Sick Days Discounted AAA Membership
Flexible Spending Account - Health Holidays Discounted BJ's Membership
Flexible Spending Account - Dependent Care
Short-term Disability (company paid)