Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment.
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities to prepare meals or to use public transportation and increase their independence,
- Follows treatment plan developed in collaboration with occupational therapist by teaching techniques, such as, the proper method of moving from a bed into a wheelchair, and the best ways to stretch and limber muscles; monitoring activities to make sure they are performed correctly; providing encouragement, bringing treatment that is not having the intended effect to the attention of the therapist
- Maintains patient occupational therapy records by recording client's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- Enhances occupational therapy practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Patient Services
- Health Care Administration
- Hospital Environment
- Use of Medical Technologies
- Bedside Manner
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Must have current in State Therapy license
- Must have strong background in SN/LTC
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Alegiant is a top provider of healthcare professionals
View the full profile
Founded in 2003, Alegiant Healthcare has become the go-to medical staffing company for nurses, advanced practice, allied health and IT professionals across the United States.
Alegiant is committed to being the premier provider of high-quality services and solutions in the healthcare industry. We are dedicated to having a highly motivated and skilled team of professionals who perform the highest level of quality work each and every day. By setting these high standards for our organization, and by drawing from all available knowledge and resources, our ability to provide exceptional customer service with honesty and integrity is unmatched.
Alegiant’s goal is to provide top overall opportunities for our travelers, so that they can have the best work/ travel experience. We pride ourselves on placing our employees at some of the nation’s top healthcare facilities, where they can advance their skills and experience the freedoms and joys of traveling.
Travel and full-time opportunities are available for healthcare professionals that specialize in therapy, nursing, medical laboratory, imaging, advanced practice and healthcare IT.