Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We serve a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals.
We’re not just lifting things, but entire businesses.™
If you’re interested in taking your career to new heights, we have an immediate need for a full-time experienced Manufacturing Engineer in Watertown, WI.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, this position will work with existing overhead cranes and hoists in the Konecranes legacy parts business. This position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing processes including Bill of materials, routings and tooling using the tooling database and tool vendors
- Standardization of methods for machining, capital equipment projects, improvement of manufacturing cells and miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Work closely with shop floor personnel on setup reduction, process improvements, quality improvements to include tooling with new technologies, fixturing, and time studies
- Work with Production Supervisor, Master scheduler, Subcontract Supervisor, and purchasing to ensure cost control and on time delivery
- Generate quotation estimates, pricing, and proposals for customers
- CNC programming of Vertical and Horizontal machining centers and lathes
- Minimum five years manufacturing experience and must have a very strong machining background on Horizontal and Vertical Lathes and Machining centers
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required, along with a working knowledge of computers. SAP, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have a strong knowledge of all types of gears
- Experience with CNC programming – Solidworks and SolidCam, Kaizen events, 5S, 6 Sigma and continuous improvement projects.
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience in heavy industry and possess a BS in Engineering, BMSE or BS in Industrial Engineering
- The individual must be self-motivated, creative, and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What we offer to you:
This opportunity is for a full-time position offering you a chance to become part of Konecranes, Inc. Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports, and terminals. Konecranes provides productivity - enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment and machine tools of all makes.
- Establish manufacturing tooling and processes
- Assist the manufacturing team resolving manufacturing issues
- Support manufacturing and tooling projects
- Provide manufacturing leadership to contract manufacturing sites
- Resolving manufacturing and tooling problems
- Develop manufacturing processes and equipment
- Made equipment and manufacturing process
- Manage the manufacturing engineering team
- Improve manufacturing's efforts in all manufacturing operations
- Maintain manufacturing technical process documentation
- Support supervisors in training manufacturing personnel on manufacturing process
- Develop new production equipment to improve manufacturing processes
- Provide production support for manufacturing and assembly equipment
- Provide engineering support for existing manufacturing processes
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods
- Maintain and improve current manufacturing assembly process
- Implementing continuous improvement in manufacturing
- Utilize lean manufacturing methods to enhance manufacturing efficiencies and reduce costs
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to continually improve efficiencies at manufacturing facilities
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes by reviewing exisitng product and manufacturing processes
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Solid Cam
- Solid Works (Cad)