Our client is an award-winning manufacturing company who is viewed as a leader in its industry who is looking to add a professional to its senior management team. They are an essential business, and their continued growth has opened an opportunity to join one of the most established and highly regarded businesses in the area. We are only looking for local professionals at this time.
As the Plant Manager, you will direct, control, and coordinate all activities and functions of a plant operating 24 hours, 7 days a week. (We do injection molding at this facility.)
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide for employee safety/health with the administration of OSHA and company safety standards and practices.
· Achieve greater efficiency and productivity ensuring company goals are met by overseeing the manufacturing operations and resources.
· Oversee all production, scheduling, maintenance, and shipping operations.
· Develop and meet operations and facility budgets.
· Maintain accountability to Product Safety and Quality Principles.
· Keep up to date on the leading edge of technologies in the industry by expediting new product development and production techniques.
· Maintain quality standards through quality programs/procedures, GMP and IMS standards, and food safety requirements.
· Manufacturing methods and processes, including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
· Approve/request engineering changes to processes and standards.
· Accountability for the successful estimation, planning, and execution of complex manufacturing, the process for new and existing products on budget and on time.
· Planning for facilities improvements to meet production needs and reduce operating costs.
· Participate in customer presentations related to the manufacture of new and existing products.
· Develop an organizational plan that addresses enhancing the skill level and productivity of employees.
· Maintain good employee relations, ensuring the consistent and fair application of policies and procedures to continually promote a progressive work environment.
· Provide counseling and job coaching as required.
· Work with the Continuous Improvement team to find creative solutions to problems by providing and facilitating an environment, which encourages innovation.
· Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, or other related fields of study.
o Six Sigma or Lean Certification.
o 5-10 years of equivalent experience in production or packaging leadership and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, food manufacturing preferred.
o Working knowledge of Food Safety and Regulatory business standards, practices, policies, procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations including but not limited to HACCP, GMP’s. SSOP’s, OSHA, and Labor Laws.
o Knowledge of all aspects of plant operations and management; including scheduling, processing, packaging, material flow, inventory, efficiency management, cost control, capacity planning, safety, and regulatory compliance.
o Computer skills including Windows-based systems and the ability to master proprietary software.
Continuous Improvement Process
Packaging And Labeling
Six Sigma Methodology