To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Developer - .net/Web
CareerBuilder LLC • US-Nationwide
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CareerBuilder is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer for our Employment Screening division located in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
Our rapid growth here at CareerBuilder Employment Screening has created the need to quickly build out our software engineering teams with talented, driven individuals to take our company and technology to the next level. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply! If you would like a hand in taking legacy systems to latest and greatest, come join our development team to help us continue to build out our system utilizing the newest technologies and architectural principles.
We are quickly transforming the company from a traditional production line based screening firm to a technology based leader in the industry. One of our main goals is to utilize technology to its fullest extent in all aspects of our business to provide the best service and experience for our clients and their applicants. Coupling that with the incredible growth we continue to experience makes working with us a huge personal and professional growth opportunity, if this sounds something you would be interested in, please apply!
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate!
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- As a senior level member of our development team, you will help lead other engineers while building out our proprietary software system.
- Work with leadership to come up with innovative approaches to solving problems
- Improve system performance and reliability through recommending changes in policies, procedures, or architectural principles.
- Work directly with engineering team in building out the application in the chosen technology stack.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers to help the team learn and grow.
- Encourage collaborative design
- Think out loud- Consistently communicating ideas to others
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the best interest of the overall team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7 plus years of experience in object oriented Development
- Experience with Microsoft .Net frameworks using C#, ASP.Net and Java script. Microsoft .NET Experience (C#, VB)
- A proven track record of leading successful engineering teams
- The ability to take legacy Visual Basic applications and convert the applications to C# or ASP.Net
- Strong Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Expert knowledge in services based topology; SOAP, REST
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with Visual Basic (Legacy system)
- Experience with GitHub, Octopus and TeamCity
- Cloud experience