Perform duties of Conventional, FHA and VA loan processing, closing and preliminary underwriting. Includes interacting with escrow, title company, design center, and borrowers in the closing of the loan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process loan applications from initial set-up through funding, striving to obtain loan approvals within 30 days of application date.
- Reconcile accounting records to ensure collection of all fees due.
- Follow-up on closed loan documentation to ensure compliance with all Secondary Marketing standards.
- Communicate with New Home Consultants, borrowers and associates in professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain a pipeline of loans with an emphasis on customer service, quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of different loan programs and corresponding computer system codes.
- Gather and submit credit report and supporting application (1003) documentation in a timely manner for loan approval.
- Maintain status and information within processing software system.
- Update codes, status dates and loan information for reporting as needed.
- Communicate status in meetings and with other associates as directed by supervisor.
- Obtain the sales contracts, escrow instructions, and any documentation regarding upgrades prior to ordering the appraisal through the HVCC department for all purchases.
- Remain current with our Broker programs and maintain their forms for submission.
- Keep current with investor guideline changes by reading updated bulletins and loan program guidelines as published on the Eagle Home page.
- Obtain and follow through on borrower conditions for closing per underwriter/lenders requirements.
- Submit a document ready loan to the closing dept at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled closing date /time to accomplish a smooth closing.
- Keep communication between borrowers, escrow/title, sales agents, and Home Loan Adviser up-to-date to avoid delays and confusion.
- Maintain written status with the borrowers with reference to "needs items" and/or approval conditions to meet the Regulation B notification requirement.
- In addition to the above, each Associate will be required to cross train for position(s) within the Organization which may, from time to time, be required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Eighteen months experience as Loan Representative I or Loan Representative II
- Automated processing and closing experience
- Eighteen months of FHA/VA/Conventional loan closing
- Ability to study independently
- Successful completion of Core Curriculum Customer Care Empowerment, Doc Basics, FHA, VA, Self Employed, Credit Counseling and Compliance.
- Successful completion of Introduction to Mortgage Banking, Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing the Loan, Conventional Loan Processing, Mortgage Loan
- Underwriting, Underwriting the Self-employed Borrower, Closing, Shipping & Warehousing, Creation & Formula of a Mortgage, Residential Secondary Marketing
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Current knowledge of closing and title requirements
- Current knowledge of loan processing and automated underwriting systems
- Current knowledge of FHLMC/FNMA/FHA/VA and industry underwriting guidelines
- Current knowledge of self employed borrowers, partnership and corporation tax return analysis
- Maintain minimum pipeline of 45-55 loans
- Must obtain the Florida Mortgage Broker License prior to processing any loans for the State of Florida
Regular interaction with homebuilding sales associates, prospective borrowers, lender representatives and underwriters, escrow and title personnel, credit bureaus and appraisers. Also deals with homebuilding division management as well as mortgage division staff.
- Interact well with other associates
- Possess positive and professional attitude and will represent company in a positive manner
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Work well under pressure and be a team player
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and Excel
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machines, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.