RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer will assist in the new product design, including design and test of embedded electronic assembly components as well as support for existing products. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and a strong background in the design and development of printed circuit board based electronic control systems. Experience with National Instruments LabVIEW is a definite plus. The candidate must be able to support hardware system design, development, deployment, maintenance, and life cycle management for multiple applications in an FAA regulated RTCA DO-160E environment
Embedded hardware/software design, test, and configuration management. Use of modern microprocessors in control systems
- Use of Digital Signal Processors (DSP)
- Responsible for all hardware deliverables including test, verification and reporting.
- Design of real-time systems for mission critical applications
- Skilled in the use of electrical CAD software such as OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Designer
- Plan and implement engineering project per customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Provide reports on the status of project milestones reports to customer, project team, and management and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, CMI quality standards, FAA Regulations and related specifications.
Provide feedback to design group for engineering updates to assemblies. Reviews and evaluates product request from customer, and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Analyze project proposal to determine feasibility, producibility, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with customer representatives, engineers, and other personnel.
- Coordinate design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consult with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Familiarity with reciprocating engines, preferably aviation applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electrical/Software Engineering Degree
- Embedded software and circuit design experience (2 years)
- Familiar with Alternators, Starter motors and Magnetos (4 years)
- Familiarity with FAA Certification Projects is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents, technical manuals, standards and operating instructions.
- Ability to write reports and requests that are software, hardware, or project related.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel, and work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with R&D and Shop Personnel.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to work on their own initiative when necessary.
- Required: Windows, Power Point, MS Project, Excel, Word, LabVIEW
- Preferred: Solid Edge, Inventor, PTC Creo, AutoCAD, Windchill
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to traverse engine test cells and shop floor environment when required.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and India.
Research And Development