The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Director of Nursing Services in planning organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Nurse in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and be able to utilize computer system for job tasks.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to prove care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must act professionally and dress appropriately for the clinical setting with name tag visible.
- Must not use personal cell phone per facility policy in patient areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must have, as a minimum of six (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.