Munch's Supply is the exclusive distributor for Trane and American Standard HVAC products in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and lower peninsula of Michigan. Exceptional quality, outstanding customer service and competitive pricing have helped make the company a premier wholesaler for more than 60 years. We're looking for a go-getter who is ready to “roll up your sleeves” and get things done. We offer a bright future due to our amazing growth. We are looking for a Driver/Warehouse Associate for the Elgin branch located at 1111 Davis Road Unit C, Elgin, IL, 60123.
Do you have a pencil? ‘Cause we’re ready to write our future! We’re looking for:
- Movers & shakers who like their driving gig
- Deep thinkers (sometimes!) who are able to show good judgment.
- High-energy doers with an eye toward personal growth.
- Hard workers who can adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- People lovers who are ready to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
What will you be doing? We’ll keep you really busy and teach you how to:
- Check orders to be sure they’re correct and good to go
- Load & unload product
- Drive our super cool Munch trucks
- Make deliveries to or from customers, vendors, or other branch locations
- Make new friends (our customers) and get their orders ready.
- Keep their ride and work areas clean (easier than home!)
- Learn to use cool new “toys:” a pallet jack, two and four-wheel cars and box cutters (did we mention safety?)
- Eat, sleep and drink safety.
What. What. What do you get:
- No overnight travel, not even evening driving
- Steady hours
- A Munch 16-foot box truck to drive
- A chance to work with a chill company with awesome people
Yes! You get paid for this!
Starting from $17.50
So, what do we offer you? A great life!
- Health care (medical, dental, vision, prescription) available first day of hire!
- 401k with company contribution (full-time employees)
- Life insurance plus short-term and long-term disability
- Earned Paid Time Off starting from day 1
- Vacations and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount
- Promotions from within
What will you bring to the table?
- A heckuva great driving record
- High level of attention to detail
- Your brilliant smile for our customers
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic keyboarding or computer skills to do stuff like enter things into the system
- Basic math and number skills to check items, match or sort things, and add stuff
Can you vote? (We don’t care about your politics but you need to be 18!)
- DOT Medical Certification card and a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a 16-foot box truck
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum one year experience
- Able to pass a background checks
- Able to work overtime and Saturdays as needed
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Forklift experience a plus.
- 7-10 hours worked per day; up to 40-43 hours worked per week
- Bending 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing into and out of truck bed 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing ladders or stairs 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing on and off fork trucks 1-3 hours per day
- Climbing or balancing 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Big Joe 1-3 hours per day
- Driving Forklift 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds 3-6 hours per day
- Lifting or carrying up top 100 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Pushing / Pulling up to 300 pounds 1-3 hours per day
- Reaching 6-8 hours per day
- Reaching above shoulder 6-8 hour per day
- Repetitively using foot motion for driving 1-6 hours per day
- Sitting 3-8 hours per day
- Squatting 1-3 hour per day
- Standing 3-6 hours per day
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling 1-3 hours per day
- Twisting (at waist) 0-1 hours per day
- Using close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Using fingers, hands, arms to feel and touch 6-8 hours per day
- Using hands and arms 6-8 hours per day
- Using hearing to talk and listen 3-8 hours per day
- Using vision to drive 3-8 hours per day
- Walking 3-6 hours per day
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
Sound perfect for you? Apply today! #mymunch #icandothis