Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Housekeeping Operations Manager .
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Housekeeping Operations Manager, you will supervise associates in the Housekeeping, Laundry and Hospitality Departments and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Assign associates their work assignments and inspect work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness ensuring corrections are made.
• Inspect rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and make recommendations to management.
• Ensure effective departmental communication through logs, daily standup meetings and monthly department meetings.
• Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping and hospitality services and equipment, and take corrective action.
• Attend staff meetings to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
• Ensure Safety Data Sheets are on file and current for all chemicals used.
• Ensure food quality and service standards are being maintained as required.
• Ensure food sanitation and proper food handling standards are being followed.
• Manage the Lost and Found program.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks including maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies, maintaining department budget, processing department payroll, forecasting room occupancy, monitoring service trends using Guest Satisfaction Survey results, and handling any accounting and purchasing functions.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the Housekeeping, Laundry and Hospitality departments and surrounding areas.
• Assist in checking all fixtures, equipment and room conditions (television, radio, lights, heating/cooling, furniture, wallpaper, etc.) for proper operation, settings and maintenance. Report any deficiencies.
We are looking for a self-motivated Housekeeping Operations Manager with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• 1 to 3 years related experience in housekeeping
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to manage staff
• Ability to work as part of a team and complete tasks individually
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
As a Housekeeping Operations Manager with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities