We are seeking talented welders to join our team in Austin, TX!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manufacture products that meet quality requirements. Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection.
● Demonstrate capability and aptitude to learn then teach various and appropriate welding techniques using GTAW (TIG).
● Must be able to use Argon gas and TIG Welding procedures to connect metal components
● Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
● Meet time and schedule standards for assigned tasks.
● Keep equipment clean and maintain proper fluid
● Use TIG welder to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production ● Assemble, hold to tolerance and manufacture product that meets quality requirements, inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection
● Return all fixtures and tooling upon job completion
● Advise supervision of issues that arise
● Make routine decisions and use problem-solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance
● Assist the shop with general upkeep.
● Weld TIG in all positions: vertical, horizontal, flat, and using a turntable
● Weld with gas purge.
● Set up welding equipment (amperage, voltage, wire-speed, etc) maximizing efficiency and effectiveness per application
● Record and track daily operations
● Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
We are looking for a qualified individual with a good track record. Someone that is looking for a future with the company and willing to put the time in. You MUST be a team player. As well as take PRIDE in your work and the product you are producing. This is not just a job it is a HOME.
We look for an understanding of the 3 PILLARS of Manufacturing
PRODUCTIVITY - - SAFETY - - QUALITY
- Highly motivated
- Able to handle multiple functions
- Initiative and independent judgment
If this sounds like you and you have read this far, take the next step and apply NOW
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
● Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
● Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
● Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
● Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
● Ability to operate various shop tools.
● Organizational and time management skills.
● Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workday/projects independently
● Ability to use various inspection gages Work Experience: 5+ years of TIG welding experience
● High school diploma preferred; and/or equivalent work experience.
● One year certificate from college, technical school, AS in welding, or equivalent work experience preferred.
● TIG Certification is a plus