To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
131 Technology Circle
Savannah, GA 31407
- Michael Willis
- Phone: 912-644-2100
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Graphic Design & Media Intern
Great Dane • Savannah, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Great Dane is now accepting applicantions for a Graphic Design & Media Intern at our Savannah, GA office.
This internship will start in April or May of 2019.
Applicants should be available a minimum of 3 months.
The incumbent is responsible for the design and development of traditional and interactive multimedia content for training presentations, video, and other electronic media used in our training programs. This requires a balance between strong written communication and creativity.
This position works closely with the Organizational Learning team to create compelling content for a broad variety of e-Learning collateral and integrated curriculum content (print and electronic) in support of company safety, and training objectives.
To be suitable for the internship program, applicants should be available at least 30 - 40 hours a week between the business hours of 8am - 4:30pm. Applicnats must be based in Savannah, GA.
This is a paid internship
•Develop effective and engaging multimedia materials utilizing video, PowerPoint, Flash, animated gifs and other interactive technologies.
•Designs PowerPoint presentations utilizing learning design concepts to determine arrangement of illustrative material, copy, style and graphics, and arranges layout to meet varying levels of individuals training needs.
•Utilize software applications such as PowerPoint to create from scratch or adapt templates, course materials, instructional materials, and multimedia assets into an integrated final form.
•Creates, designs, scripts and revises interactive eLearning projects (including tests, narration, sound effects and graphics/animations).
•Creates graphic formats for web, video and print delivery to deliver visual interpretation of technical concepts.
•Utilize conceptual concepts to take raw content and create storyboards that support delivering an engaging learning experience.
•Storyboard and animated video; design the graphic elements and animate in accordance with the style of the subject matter and audience.
•Contribute to video shoots, edit raw footage including audio tracks, maintain storyboards and create professional HD video materials as needed.
•Help to conceptualize design structure that allow learners to apply core concepts for real world trainings, classes, and other programs for online or blended delivery.
•Adopt and adapt Subject Matter Expert changes and revisions in materials.
•Provide support for multiple learning solution platforms such as Extranet, and LMS.
•Assist with production and coordination of various integrated training activities.
• Requires enrollment at an accredited college in the Junior year or higher pursuing an education in Graphic Design, Multi-Media Design, Digital Arts or other related degree program.
• Working knowledge of relevant software packages such as CMS programs, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, CVent, WebDAM, HTML, HTML 5, CSS, etc.
• Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word & PowerPoint).
• Experience with graphic development using editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, other).
• Knowledge of eLearning authoring tools (such as Articulate Storyline 2 and Studio Pro and/or Adobe Captivate 8 are a plus.
•Participate in all stages of the e-learning development life cycle from the initial concept to gathering requirements and conducting stakeholder interviews to design, development, and deployment.
• Ability to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies in the material development process.
• Ability to prioritize audience’s learning needs and interests at all stages of development.
• Able to work under regular deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
• Eye for detail- attention to quality, accuracies, and continuity is of paramount importance in this role.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to multi-task
• Collaborates with others in the Learning and Development organization to ensure all learning objects adequately correlate and cross-reference each other for a seamless learning experience
• Drive to succeed in a fast paced environment
• Applicants should be available at least 30 - 40 hours a week between the business hours of 8am - 5pm.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
- Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 40.
- Work time is spent in an office environment moving about, communicating between departments and with employees, or seated at a desk or table processing information and operating a computer.
- Hazard exposures are minimal however if the individual goes into the manufacturing and service areas of the plant/branch hazards would exist. These hazards are primarily ambient such as noise, sparks and forklift traffic. All protective devices and equipment are congruent with those of the production worker.
- Must dress and present oneself in a professional manner.
- This is a paid internship opportunity.
- A favorable background screening, Drug Screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer