To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
400 West Park Avenue
Union, MO 63084
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Laundry Aide - Part Time
MGM Healthcare • Union, MO
Posted 1 month ago
The overall purpose of the Laundry Aide position is to provide assistance in the delivery of laundry services. This position may wash, dry, fold, iron, mend and distribute or deliver linen or residents’ clothing.
Laundry Aide Competencies:
- Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap or other cleaning agent. Turns valve to fill washer with water.
- Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles. Removes lint following three (3) loads.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and dryers for measured - time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type. Folds and places items in appropriate storage bins.
- Lubricates machines.
- Dissolves soap granules in hot water and steam to make liquid soap.
- Mends torn articles. Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry lists. Iron required items.
- Soaks contaminated articles as per policy.
- Mixes dyes and bleaches according to formula. Dyes and bleaches specified articles.
- Able to read and understand equipment operation manuals.
- Performs all aspects of duties and responsibilities in a manner that optimizes resident safety.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality. Assures that sanitation and quality standards are met; including the identification and correction of safety hazards.
Laundry Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds
PRE-HIRE DRUG SCREEN IS REQUIRED
For inquires please contact:
Sunset Health Care Center
400 West Park Avenue
Union, Mo 63084
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.