Human Technologies, Inc. is hiring Electronics Technicians for a company in the Charlotte, NC area. These are direct hire positions paying between $24.25 - $33.03 Per Hour plus a $2.00 Per Hour shift premium. The hours are 6:30 pm - 7:00 am (4 on/4 off).
POSITION SUMMARY ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
Lays out, assembles, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, documents and maintains developmental, environmental and production electronic systems, equipment, components and parts by performance of the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN:
- Services, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains any and all existing PLC units within the facility.
- Services, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains any and all existing servo motors, drives and encoders on any systems.
- Services, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains any and all existing robotic equipment and applications on any systems.
- Discusses application requirements, layout and assembly procedures and problems with Maintenance TC, Maintenance Manager, and/or Electrical Engineer and draws sketches to clarify details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Modifies existing PLC code, PLCs and drive systems if required with the approval of an Electrical Engineer, Maintenance TC, or Maintenance Manager. In addition, makes sure that these changes are saved appropriately.
- Assembles experimental circuitry (breadboards), complete prototype models or production units as needs arise.
- Recommends changes in circuitry, components, installation specifications and/or actual equipment design or operation to simplify assembly, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Works with outside vendors, engineers and/or contractors to identify systems, components, PLCs, parts and/or equipment to meet equipment specific requirements. Work with same personnel to troubleshoot, service, repair and/or maintain existing equipment, systems or components.
- Works with Maintenance staff, Facilities engineers, contractors, electrical engineers and/or NGKACJ personnel to install, debug, evaluate and qualify new or existing equipment installations or modifications.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate system’s operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specification, and functional limitations.
- Teaches and instructs other maintenance staff on proper techniques of performance of any of the above duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Maintenance TC or Maintenance Manager.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN:
- Electrical Engineering Technician Associate Degree with 3 – 5 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to use RS Linx, RS Logix 500, Mitsubishi GX Developer, Proface, Panelbuilder 32 and RS View Studio in conjunction with laptop computers to access, upload, download machine code to any and all types of PLCs within the system.
- Must be able to utilize an e-mail program (Lotus Notes) to communicate, archive, back-up PLC programs.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word and be able to navigate using a web browser and Lotus Notes databases).
HTI is an equal opportunity employer M/D/F/V/SO
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)